I’ve been nominated by Lucy (lucyjbarclay.wordpress.com) for the Liebster Award–thank you for thinking of me, Lucy!
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers, and it is designed to promote blogs with smaller followings.
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer questions from the nominator
- Nominate 11 blogs with a smaller following (under 200 followers)
- Create 11 questions for your nominees
- Let the bloggers know they have been nominated
Lucy’s Questions to Me:
- If money was no object, where in the world would you travel to first? Such a tough one, especially considering this is a travel blog! I played a similar thought game in a previous post, and I’m going to stick with that and say either the Galápagos Islands or New Zealand.
- What is your favourite film and why? This certainly changes depending on my mood, but for right now I’d have to say The Big Lebowski. It’s hilarious, endlessly quotable, has great music, and just generally makes me happy.
- If you could change one decision you have made in your life what would it be? Oooh, there are a few answers to this that are far too personal to share here! But I will say that when I was 10 I had the opportunity to go to Russia for two weeks, and I didn’t go because I was terrified of flying. I’ve always regretted that one.
- What is your favourite cuisine and why? Chinese, because it’s so versatile, has amazingly complex flavors, and you can find it anywhere.
- What is your ultimate goal for your life and career? My ultimate goal is just to be happy, in whatever form that takes.
- If you could only have one dream for the rest of your life, what would it be? I’m assuming this means actual nighttime dream, and I think I’d rather have a pretty mundane one because whenever I awake after an exciting dream I’m terribly disappointed to find it wasn’t real.
- What do you think makes a person successful? A little corny, but if you enjoy your life than I think you are successful.
- If you could learn another language, what would it be and why? Probably Mandarin, because I have attempted to learn it multiple times in my life and have never been particularly successful.
- What is the most experimental dish you have ever cooked? Hot Pot!
- What has been the most challenging decision you have ever made? There are a lot of them, but one that comes to mind is deciding to go back to graduate school.
- What is the most important element of your life? Travel—seeing new places, meeting new people, having new experiences.
I nominate the following bloggers to take part in this exercise. If I’ve misinterpreted your follower count, or you’ve already been nominated, or you have no interest in doing this, I apologize! (I’m also only nominating three people, because 11 seems like an absurdly cumbersome number.)
My Questions to You:
- What destination do you most want to visit and why?
- What is your happiest memory?
- What book are you currently reading?
- What is your ideal way to spend a Saturday?
- How many languages can you speak?
- What do you do for a living?
- What do you want to do for a living?
- What is your favorite cuisine?
- What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Beer or wine?
Can’t wait to read your answers!